Sydney Pelvic Clinic
Sydney Pelvic Clinic was established to provide a specialised service for men & women suffering with pelvic dysfunction. At AJ Physio we were seeing more and more local, interstate and international patients with various pelvic issues. Many of these people had suffered for a long time and were frustrated that it had taken them so long to find us, and finally a solution to their issue. We felt a deep need to be more obvious & easy to find for people suffering with these symptoms.
Our team of committed, passionate and highly-trained physiotherapists provide a uniquely integrated, evidence-based approach to managing and improving the pelvic health of men and women. We will work with you to develop an individualised management plan to achieve your goals. Whether that be no leaking with running, pain free sex or optimal preparation for prostrate or prolapse surgery.
Our service includes:
Complete pelvic assessment: after talking through your story, we will conduct a full physical assessment of your pelvis. We may use Real Time Ultrasound to see your bladder and pelvic floor muscles (PFM).
Diagnosis and explanation of your pelvic issue: this is an integral part of your management. Understanding your particular pelvic issue will start the healing process and help you respond well to your treatment.
Management plan and treatment: this will be individualised and may involve pelvic floor & pelvic muscle releases and retraining, mindfulness & relaxation, bladder and bowel training, and specific exercise rehabilitation.
Pelvic conditions that we treat include:
Women’s Pelvic Health
- Incontinence: involuntarily loss of urine, faeces or wind and urgency to get to the toilet
- Prolapse: dropping down of bladder, bowel or uterus, often described as a feeling of pressure or dragging in the vagina
- Pelvic Pain & Sexual Dysfunction: including vaginismus or Genito-Pelvic Pain Disorder, vulvodynia, pudendal neuralgia & entrapment, birth related injuries
- Pelvic Girdle Pain (PGP): including Sacroiliac Joint (SIJ), pubic symphysis or coccyx (tailbone) pain
- Pregnancy-related Issues: PGP including Sacroiliac Joint (SIJ), Symphysis Pubic Dysfunction (SPD), Pelvic Floor Muscle (PFM) dysfunction and Rectus Abdominal Diastasis (RAD – abdominal separation)
Men’s Pelvic Health
- Incontinence: including preparation for and recovery from prostate surgery, management of urinary frequency and urgency, Post Micturition Dribble (PMD) and Nocturnal Enuresis (bed wetting)
- Pelvic Pain: including penile, urethral, testicular, perineum pain, pudendal neuralgia or entrapment. Pelvic pain may also involve pain with sex or ejaculation
- Erectile Dysfunction: including difficulty gaining or maintaining an erection
Kids Continence Service
- Bedwetting (Nocturnal Enuresis): Treatment for bedwetting for children over the age of 5.
- Day Time Wetting: Treatments & strategies for re-training the bladder.
- Constipation / Faecal Incontinence: Assessment & treatment for factors affecting bowel function.
- Pain with Weeing or Pooing: Assessment & treatment for pain when passing urine or bowel motions.
- Pelvic Pain: Assessment and strategies for pelvic pain in children.
Sydney Pelvic Clinic Locations
Sydney Pelvic Clinic operates from two locations:
Suite 604, Level 6, 55 Grafton St Bondi Junction NSW 2022 (The same as AJ Physio)
AMA House, Suite 107, 69 Christie Street St Leonards 2065
For more information, please visit: Sydney Pelvic Clinic