As a component of our integrative approach, AJP and SPC are pleased to offer our clients monthly Physio Restore Workshops. Informed by the biopsychosocial approach to healthcare, and recent advances in the science behind mind-body practices that regulate the nervous system for optimal wellbeing, the workshops help clients to deeply relax, unwind tension, boost mood and build resilience to thrive. Our talented Physio Yoga and meditation teacher, Felicity de Blic has brought together her skills from the worlds of physiotherapy, yoga, meditation, and psychology to create specific Physio Restore Workshops tailored to suit the needs of AJP and SPC clients. They are an excellent adjunct to your physiotherapy / massage / exercise class program, offering an extra level of care in working towards your wellness goals.
Our Workshops include:
- Physiotherapy-informed movements and postures, targeted at managing myofascial and neural components of pain and dysfunction
- Evidence-based breathing practices to reduce muscular tension, reduce stress and boost mood
- Practices geared to recalibrating the nervous system through building vagal tone and heart rate variability
- Deep meditation practice building mindfulness, self-awareness and a sense of peace and ease that exists behind our layers of mental chatter and physical tensions.
- It is an evidence-based practice beneficial for developing general wellbeing, managing stress, chronic tension and pain, insomnia, anxiety and depression
- Education and practical techniques to build both a cognitive understanding and a full-body experiencing of winding down the stress response, building a flexible and resilient nervous system to both handle stress and recover from it more effectively
- Take home MP3 voice recordings of each month’s meditations and relaxation practices to help you integrate Restore techniques into your daily life
Physio Restore Workshops are perfect for people who:
- Feel that stress is contributing to their tension, pain or mental health concerns, and wish to build more self-care practices into their life
- Want to relax, but are lacking techniques that work for them
- Are improving with physio, massage and exercise but can’t quite get the results they want
- Have come a long way in managing their pelvic tension and want to maintain their results
- Are experiencing anxiety, low mood or past trauma and are keen to try a mind-body approach to manage their symptoms
- Would like to learn how to feel calm and at ease, even when life gets challenging
Physio Restore – Pelvic Tension
In a 2-hour format, you will be nurtured through mindful movement, supported postures and breathing practices, to build awareness of your patterns of physical tension and explore innovative ways to release them. The workshop will finish with an evidence-based deep relaxation and meditation practice.
Guiding you through mindfulness of body, breath, and our habitual patterns of thinking and feeling, the practice takes you beyond the body’s aches and pains and mind’s busy thoughts to connect with a deeper sense of peace and calm, moving out of ‘doing’ mode as we practice just ‘being’. The Pelvic Tension workshop channels our awareness into the pelvic, hip and lumbar regions of the body through specific movement practices, supported postures, breath and visualization techniques. By building a mindful connection with this complex region of our body we become more aware of how posture, movement and even our habitual thoughts, feelings and reactions can contribute to tension. We then use the practices to safely explore and mobilise these tissues, sharpening ourawareness while building flexibility and suppleness. Mindfulness principals in working with strong sensation are also explored, helping to dampen our nervous system’s sensitivity to pain.
The workshop practices are targeted at unwinding the stress response, promoting deep relaxation, and building flexibility of the nervous system, which makes us more resilient to our day-to-day stressors – the key to positive physical and mental health. Participants will also receive two MP3 recordings of Physio Restore practices to assist you to effortlessly incorporate it into your weekly self-care routine.
Physio Restore Events Page.