At AJ Physio, we believe in an integrated approach to ensuring your overall health. Our clinical services are complemented by exercise classes and dietary planning to help you achieve your health and lifestyle goals. The way we eat, the foods we choose and our internal health play a large role in our energy levels, weight, fertility and overall wellbeing. Unfortunately with our ease of access to information and so many apparent ‘nutrition experts’ these days it can be overwhelming to understand what you should be eating.
AJ Physio’s dietitian, Marika Day, can help you navigate through the constantly changing nutrition information. She keeps up to date with the latest nutrition research and provides an evidence-based approach to nutrition considering the pros and the cons for each individual. Marika has a strong passion for finding a solution for your problem.
Marika strives to understand you as a whole and what factors might be influencing your nutrition and diet choices. She understands that we are all individuals in the way our bodies work and will help find the best diet for you. If you are frustrated, confused or unsure about how best to eat for your lifestyle, condition or situation, Marika will seek to understand and provide you with a solution to your problem.
Marika can provide guidance on a diverse range of dietary issues. In particular, she has extensive experience working with a number of gut-related pelvic issues for women and men such as IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), Constipation, Erratic Bowels, and Gut-Related Pelvic Pain. She also treats a number of women’s health issues including Endometriosis, Pelvic Pain, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), Low FODMAP diet and other gut-related conditions.
- Suffer from Pelvic Pain or Interstitial Cystitis and want to know if diet can help?
- Experience gut issues – Bloating? Erratic bowels? Stomach cramps after eating?
- Experience hormonal Issues such as Endometriosis, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), Thyroid Dysfunction?
- Think poor gut health might be contributing to low immunity, low mood or other health issues?
- Struggle with emotional eating when you are stressed, bored, or had a bad day?
- Are you unsure about how best to eat for your body to achieve your goals?
- Have difficulty losing weight or sticking to a diet long term and need some support and accountability?
- Have food intolerances and feel unsure and restricted with food?
- Want to get back to your pre-baby weight whilst keeping your baby and yourself nourished?
- Worry your acne might be related to food and diet?
- Feel unsure about how best to eat for your condition? e.g. Coeliac Disease, Crohn’s Disease, Diverticular Disease, Ulcerative Colitis
If so, please come in to see Marika for an assessment. Make an appointment online today.