Pelvic pain is a common presentation, affecting people in a variety of ways. The pelvic area is complex, and involves many different structures, i.e. muscles, joints, ligaments, bladder, bowel and sexual organs. Consequently, pelvic pain can manifest itself in a variety of ways.
Common symptoms of pelvic pain are:
- Pain located in the pelvic girdle
- Pain with sex
- Bladder problems, including frequency, urgency or retention
- Bowel problem, including constipation, pain with bowel movement
- Erectile problems, including pain with erections or dysfunction
The musculoskeletal structures of the pelvis (latin for ''bowl'') also contribute to pelvic pain.
Such issues can be:
- Structural alignment of the pelvis
- Muscular imbalance
- Hypertonic muscles, including the pelvic floor muscles
- Poor lumbo pelvic stability
- Nerve compression
AJ PHYSIO has a unique approach to the complexities of pelvic pain. Our management is integrated, and address both the external and internal structures.
Treatment can include any of the following:
- Deep tissue release external muscles
- Muscle energy techniques to align the pelvis
- Internal trigger point release to Pelvic Floor Muscles
- Retraining of the Pelvic Floor Muscles
- Bladder retraining
- Dilators and partner release work
- Exercise rehabilitation
We look forward to helping you through your recovery! You can see Physio, Pilates & Yoga